Saturday 21 May 2011

JUDY'S & JOE'S

Over the past couple of years I have managed to acquire some discarded heads from a local college that has a hairdressing program.  If you can believe it, they throw the heads (a.k.a. Judy's & Joe's in the industry) out when the students are finished with them.  One man's trash is another man's art!  My IB 11's were each given a head with the simple instruction to transform them into art.  I've done this project a few times over the years and I am always excited by what the students produce.  The students wait all year in anticipation to do the "head project" as it has quite the reputation and so when they finally get to start there's definitely a buzz in the classroom while they are working on it.  Should I be concerned that they enjoy sawing into the heads???  Enjoy the photos!